By Matthias Kipping,Ove Bjarnar
Read or Download The Americanisation of European Business (Routledge International Studies in Business History) PDF
Best labour & industrial relations books
A variety of participants all through foreign labour markets paintings hours in way over their general contractual hours. additional time operating is a crucial attention within the employment and salary judgements of many families and corporations. From a coverage standpoint, extra time is on the centre of curiosity within the paintings sharing/unemployment alternate off.
The authors discover the advanced dynamics of mining and company Social accountability (CSR) in Latin the USA, together with a mirrored image at the African continent, featuring arguments and case stories in line with new study on a suite of pressing and rising questions surrounding mining, improvement and sustainability.
Discovering clean vegatables and fruits is as effortless as going to the grocer for many Americans—which makes all of it too effortless to overlook that our nutrition is cultivated, harvested, and packaged through farmworkers who exertions for much less pay, fewer merits, and lower than extra risky stipulations than staff in nearly the other area of the U.
This seminal paintings tells the tale of Ghana's gold miners, one of many oldest and such a lot militant teams of staff in Africa. it's a tale of fight opposed to exploitative mining businesses, repressive governments and authoritarian alternate union leaders. Drawing on a variety of unique assets, together with formerly mystery govt and corporate files, Jeff Crisp explores the altering nature of existence and paintings within the gold mines, from the colonial period into the Nineteen Eighties, and examines the specified sorts of political cognizance and association which the miners constructed.
- Asian American Issues Relating to Labor, Economics, and Socioeconomic Status: 6 (Asians in America: The Peoples of East, Southeast, and South Asia in American Life and Culture)
- Mobilzing against Inequality: Unions, Immigrant Workers, and the Crisis of Capitalism (Frank W. Pierce Memorial Lectureship and Conference Series)
- Myth and Measurement: The New Economics of the Minimum Wage
- Unions in Crisis: The Future of Organized Labor in America
- The Problem with Work: Feminism, Marxism, Antiwork Politics, and Postwork Imaginaries (a John Hope Franklin Center Book)
Additional resources for The Americanisation of European Business (Routledge International Studies in Business History)
The Americanisation of European Business (Routledge International Studies in Business History) by Matthias Kipping,Ove Bjarnar