By Esther D Rothblum
- ways black girls within the diaspora build and identify their sexual and romantic emotions for different ladies
- lesbian identification formation in a altering social surroundings
- how lesbians maneuver within the dominant tradition and their very own culture
- lesbianism as a political circulate
- the reviews of lesbian kids
- teaching lesbian experiences
- lesbians and societal associations, together with the paintings position, the media, the political area, the criminal method, and faith
- using lesbian-feminist scholarship to reexamine women's lives within the pastStudents, students, lesbian feminists, and others drawn to lesbian reviews will locate Classics in Lesbian reports a necessary exam of lesbianism for the reason that its grass roots. not just does it examine the development made because the preliminary days of battling for liberation, it additionally explores a extra far away, repressed previous and anticipates destiny probabilities mendacity ahead of us. This robust, insightful assortment is bound to develop into a vintage because it grapples with nearly all elements of lesbianism, from its inception as a political stream to its id as a way of life option to its implications of community.
Read or Download Classics in Lesbian Studies PDF
Similar aging parents books
What's lifelike for the ladies who become old at the back of bars? Azrini Wahidin examines in-depth the studies and wishes of this ignored team. What occurs to the id and psychological health and wellbeing of those girls who're closed off from the skin global and with no familial networks? What does it think wish to need to carve out a brand new model of your deepest self, in a public area?
This booklet makes a speciality of the 3 most vital elements of growing old study: food, physical exertion and epigenetics. The individuals talk about ways in which age-related epigenetic imprints reminiscent of DNA methylation and histone acetylation are transformed by means of those interventions. The emphasis on epigenetics is helping to light up the underlying mechanisms of anti-ageing interventions, as growing old and sickness are predominately epigenetic phenomena.
Combining professional wisdom and first-hand event, a famous elder care researcher confronts the long-distance care of her personal mom. For thousands of american citizens caregiving is the “new common. ” For Laura Katz Olson, a revered researcher of long term take care of the getting older, Elder Care trip chronicles the disruption of her global and the way it truly is upended via the ever-increasing long-distance wishes of her personal mom.
Introducing an absolutely constructed govt Modernization application to reinforce Social safeguard & Medicare, completely, with no the necessity to increase federal payroll taxes or retirement age.
- Writing Life Histories (Speechmark Practical Resource)
- Aging Healthy
- Making Meaning in Older Age: Bringing Together the Pieces of Your Life
- Pension Systems: Sustainability and Distributional Effects in Germany and the United Kingdom (Contributions to Economics)
Additional info for Classics in Lesbian Studies
Classics in Lesbian Studies by Esther D Rothblum