By Daniel L. Segal,Sara Honn Qualls,Michael A. Smyer
- Offers a accomplished overview of types of psychological healthiness and psychological affliction, besides their implications for therapy of older adults
- Provides a practical research of overview and remedy methods that either scholars and practitioners will locate useful
- Uses case reports to hyperlink conception and practice
- Fully up to date to incorporate dialogue of the advance and implementation of evidence-based therapy protocols within the box of psychological future health; the expanding occurrence of cognitive impairment and an appreciation of its implications for a number of useful behaviors; and a altering knowing of long term care clear of a spotlight on institutional care and towards a broader spectrum of services
Read or Download Aging and Mental Health (Understanding Aging) PDF
Similar aging parents books
What's reasonable for the ladies who become old in the back of bars? Azrini Wahidin examines in-depth the stories and desires of this ignored workforce. What occurs to the id and psychological overall healthiness of those ladies who're closed off from the surface international and with out familial networks? What does it think wish to need to carve out a brand new model of your inner most self, in a public area?
This booklet makes a speciality of the 3 most vital features of getting old examine: foodstuff, physical exertion and epigenetics. The individuals talk about ways in which age-related epigenetic imprints reminiscent of DNA methylation and histone acetylation are changed through those interventions. The emphasis on epigenetics is helping to light up the underlying mechanisms of anti-ageing interventions, as getting older and illness are predominately epigenetic phenomena.
Combining specialist wisdom and first-hand event, a famous elder care researcher confronts the long-distance care of her personal mom. For hundreds of thousands of american citizens caregiving is the “new basic. ” For Laura Katz Olson, a revered researcher of long term deal with the getting older, Elder Care trip chronicles the disruption of her global and the way it really is upended through the ever-increasing long-distance wishes of her personal mom.
Introducing an absolutely constructed executive Modernization application to reinforce Social defense & Medicare, completely, with out the necessity to elevate federal payroll taxes or retirement age.
- The Gift of Caring: Saving Our Parents from the Perils of Modern Healthcare
- Dying: A Transition (End-of-Life Care: A Series)
- Stories From A Doll
- Physical Change and Aging, Sixth Edition: A Guide for the Helping Professions
- Brain and Spine Surgery in the Elderly
- Onderzoek en behandeling van anterieure kniepijn (Orthopedische Casuïstiek) (Dutch Edition)
Additional info for Aging and Mental Health (Understanding Aging)
Aging and Mental Health (Understanding Aging) by Daniel L. Segal,Sara Honn Qualls,Michael A. Smyer