By Charles Crow,Charles L. Crow
- The so much inclusive survey but released of yank local literature.
- Represents a wide selection of theoretical and ancient approaches.
- Surveys the literature of particular areas from California to New England and from Alaska to Hawaii.
- Discusses authors and teams who've been very important in defining neighborhood American literature.
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Regional Literatures of America (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Nobody who has learn Pat Conroy's novels of relatives wounds and therapeutic can fail to be moved through their emotional charm. yet Conroy is usually an important modern American novelist who follows within the culture of Southern fiction confirmed via William Faulkner and Thomas Wolfe. This better half is the 1st book-length research of his paintings.
What's the courting among feminist serious thought and literature? This publication offers with the connection among ladies and writing, moms and daughters, the maternal and historical past. It addresses the questions on language, writing and the kinfolk among girls that have preoccupied the 3 so much influential French feminists and 3 vital modern British ladies novelists.
Charles Baudelaire's position one of the nice poets of the Western global is undisputed, and his impression at the improvement of poetry considering his lifetime has been huge, immense. during this spouse, essays by way of striking students light up Baudelaire's writing either for the lay reader and for experts. as well as a survey of his existence and a learn of his social context, the amount comprises essays on his verse and prose, reading the intense energy and effectiveness of his language and magnificence, his exploration of intoxicants like wine and opium, and his paintings and literary feedback.
Panic Fiction explores a different physique of antebellum American women’s writing that illuminates women’s relationships to and the hyperlinks among constructing ideologies of domesticity and the formation of an American heart category. among the mid-1830s and the overdue 1850s, authors similar to Hannah Lee, Catharine Sedgwick, Eliza Follen, Maria McIntosh, and Maria Cummins wrote dozens of novels and tales depicting the consequences of monetary panic at the domestic and providing options to fiscal instability.
- The Plants of Middle-earth: Botany and Sub-creation
- Thomas Pynchon and American Counterculture (Cambridge Studies in American Literature and Culture)
- A Doll's House (Modern Plays)
- Recursive Desire: Rereading Epic Tradition
- Dragons in the Land of the Condor: Writing Tusán in Peru
- Pre-Colonial Africa in Colonial African Narratives: From Ethiopia Unbound to Things Fall Apart, 1911–1958
Extra resources for A Companion to the Regional Literatures of America (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to the Regional Literatures of America (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Charles Crow,Charles L. Crow