By Erik Martiny
- Covers a wide variety of poetic cultural traditions from Britain, eire, North the US, Japan and the Caribbea
- Summarises many genres from their earliest origins to their latest renderings
- The in simple terms full-length serious assortment to accommodate sleek diversifications of poetic genres
- Contributors comprise Bernard O’Donoghue, Stephen Burt, Jahan Ramazani, and lots of different outstanding students of poetry and poetics
Read or Download A Companion to Poetic Genre (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Nobody who has learn Pat Conroy's novels of family members wounds and therapeutic can fail to be moved by means of their emotional charm. yet Conroy can be an important modern American novelist who follows within the culture of Southern fiction verified through William Faulkner and Thomas Wolfe. This significant other is the 1st book-length research of his paintings.
What's the dating among feminist severe idea and literature? This publication offers with the connection among ladies and writing, moms and daughters, the maternal and background. It addresses the questions about language, writing and the family among ladies that have preoccupied the 3 such a lot influential French feminists and 3 very important modern British ladies novelists.
Charles Baudelaire's position one of the nice poets of the Western global is undisputed, and his impact at the improvement of poetry considering the fact that his lifetime has been huge, immense. during this significant other, essays via impressive students light up Baudelaire's writing either for the lay reader and for experts. as well as a survey of his existence and a examine of his social context, the amount contains essays on his verse and prose, interpreting the intense strength and effectiveness of his language and magnificence, his exploration of intoxicants like wine and opium, and his paintings and literary feedback.
Panic Fiction explores a special physique of antebellum American women’s writing that illuminates women’s relationships to and the hyperlinks among constructing ideologies of domesticity and the formation of an American heart category. among the mid-1830s and the past due 1850s, authors reminiscent of Hannah Lee, Catharine Sedgwick, Eliza Follen, Maria McIntosh, and Maria Cummins wrote dozens of novels and tales depicting the consequences of economic panic at the domestic and featuring options to financial instability.
- Games | Game Design | Game Studies: An Introduction
- J.M. Coetzee and the Power of Narrative, Student Edition
- English Novel, Vol II, The: Smollett to Austen: 2 (Longman Critical Readers)
- Tolstoy on Screen
Additional resources for A Companion to Poetic Genre (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Poetic Genre (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Erik Martiny